Congratulations to Janette Carrizoza who was named the 2015 Educator of the Year through her endless pursuit of excellence in the classroom and in the community. Advancing the quality of early childhood education is not possible without effective teachers who go above and beyond in the classroom to encourage a lifelong love of learning. The recipient of this award is an educator who demonstrates exceptional skills and practices in their work with young children. This award recognizes the individuals who are dedicated to improving early learning programs.
- Have a broad understanding of research-based models for effective teaching and of current trends and issues in education.
- Be facilitators of learning, skilled in implementing creative teaching strategies.
- Be poised, articulate, enthusiastic, and energetic.
- Be exceptionally dedicated, knowledgeable and skilled teachers.
- Have a superior ability to teach and to inspire in students a love of learning.
- Be recognized as leaders in the community as well as in the school.
- Show active involvement and leadership in professional development and extra-curricular activities.
- Inspire students of all backgrounds and abilities to learn.
- Have the respect and admiration of students, parents and colleagues