Did you know …
- Autism now affects 1 in 68 children and 1 in 42 boys
- Autism prevalence figures are growing
- Autism is the fastest-growing serious developmental disability in the U.S.
- Autism costs a family $60,000 a year on average
- Boys are nearly five times more likely than girls to have autism
- There is no medical detection or cure for autism
The above information comes from the website Autismspeaks.org. Early detection of any developmental situation in a child’s life leads to greater to success. Learn about developmental milestones and autism at the website above.