Archives for October 2015
Congratulations to Janette Carrizoza who was named the 2015 Educator of the Year through her endless pursuit of excellence in the classroom and in the community. Advancing the quality of early childhood education is not possible without effective teachers who go above and beyond in the classroom to encourage a lifelong love of learning. The recipient of this award is an educator who demonstrates exceptional skills and practices in their work with young children. This award recognizes the individuals who are dedicated to improving early learning programs.
- Have a broad understanding of research-based models for effective teaching and of current trends and issues in education.
- Be facilitators of learning, skilled in implementing creative teaching strategies.
- Be poised, articulate, enthusiastic, and energetic.
- Be exceptionally dedicated, knowledgeable and skilled teachers.
- Have a superior ability to teach and to inspire in students a love of learning.
- Be recognized as leaders in the community as well as in the school.
- Show active involvement and leadership in professional development and extra-curricular activities.
- Inspire students of all backgrounds and abilities to learn.
- Have the respect and admiration of students, parents and colleagues
Congratulations to Elise Zimmerman who was named the 2015 “Friend of Children” Award for being a voice for children. The award recognizes individuals who have made outstanding contributions to Small Miracles Early Learning Centers through his or her many years of service as an advocate for children and quality programming. Although the recipient may also have had direct contact with children, this award specifically recognizes the contributions they have made because of their vision for and public commitment to children. The recipient may be a educator, an administrator, director, assistant director or a cook whose efforts have made Small Miracles a better place for children to grow and learn.
Sign Language & Baby Signs. The Fall season is the perfect time to teach the children animal signs. Naturally we will be talking about the farm and what better way to teach Sign than with song? Old MacDonald is a great tune just for this purpose. Try this at home, the signs are easily found on the internet