One of our favorite books to read is a book called The Birth Order Book by Dr. Kevin Leman. It attempts to explain the actions of children through their birth order in the family. Dr. Lehman uses his great sense of humor as he tells his personal stories about growing up as the “baby” of the family. If you want a light hearted, yet thought-provoking book, check out The Birth Order Book.
Archives for June 2014
As the weather gets nicer, we are spending more time outside. We found a fun posting on a website called Listotic (listed and loved) called 32 of the Best DIY Backyard Games. Check out Listolic to see some great ideas for homemade games and activities of kids of all ages or follow Lilly on Pinterest.
Enjoy our June newsletter, which covers baby development.
Did you know …
- Autism now affects 1 in 68 children and 1 in 42 boys
- Autism prevalence figures are growing
- Autism is the fastest-growing serious developmental disability in the U.S.
- Autism costs a family $60,000 a year on average
- Boys are nearly five times more likely than girls to have autism
- There is no medical detection or cure for autism
The above information comes from the website Autismspeaks.org. Early detection of any developmental situation in a child’s life leads to greater to success. Learn about developmental milestones and autism at the website above.