We affirmatively embrace every child’s unique talents and dreams, believing that each child has unlimited potential to learn about and contribute to our community, our environment and our world. We know that, when given the time, space and opportunity to explore in an interactive, supportive environment, each child will create the foundations for a lifetime of inspired learning.
We believe in the value of human diversity and the importance of cultural awareness. Our paramount goal is to provide a stimulating learning environment that will encourage all children to become creative, independent, responsible and self-directed individuals who can work well with others and make wise decisions.
We know that parents are vital in the role of the developing child, and believe that parent interaction both in the classroom and at home are vital to the continued development of your child.
We are committed to being the best educators, nurturers and facilitators of each child’s learning, by continuing our learning through constant research and awareness, and by growing in our relationships with others through our community commitment, so that we may nurture an inspiring learning environment and surround the children with understanding, warmth and giving.
Our teaching methodology embodies our philosophy, embracing and enhancing each child’s capabilities by offering new insights and experiences. We act as facilitators to their growth, by sharing with them our time, resources, ideas and experiences – gently guiding and encouraging – as each child embarks on a journey of learning.
We believe . . .
- That the home is the most important factor in a child’s development, and all that we do must be done in light of this belief.
- That respecting the dignity and worth of each child is paramount to each child’s sense of self and respect for others.
- That loving, trusting and respecting each child creates the best environment for learning.
- That our job is to meet each child’s needs for physical, social, emotional and intellectual growth in a safe and happy environment that promotes their natural curiosity and desire to learn.
- That children deserve to have teachers who are exceptional in both their care and educational techniques, whose actions and values enable them to be excellent role models.
- That as the needs of children change as they grow older, so much our program adapt by using the best techniques and teaching methodologies to best prepare the children for future learning.
To enable each child to optimally benefit from their journey, the vision of our schools embraces the following goals:
- To Create an exceptional, interactive environment that continuously challenges and promotes learning through discovery and exploration in a variety of learning environments.
- To Respect each child as an individual, understanding that each child has different abilities, interests and challenges.
- To Provide a setting where each child’s learning can grow as far as the child’s imagination will allow, and then a little further.
- To Foster learning in and out of the classroom, by collaborating with parents in seminars, conferences and in weekly “take home” activities to continue the learning at home.
- To Prepare children for a lifetime journey of learning, by enriching their young lives with imagination, creativity and wonder.