We believe the early years for children are crucial and in the past twenty years, brain research has recognized that 85-90% of the brain develops between the ages of birth to five years of age. At Small Miracles, we know this and feel that it is important to offer activities that stimulate and challenge the brain, so we designed our schools learning environment to be a place for children to learn, explore, and play.
We use a number of philosophies to support our teaching and learning practices including Maria Montessori, Jean Piaget, Howard Gardner, and Reggio Emilia.
Your Family – Your Community
Small Miracles schools are locally owned and operated. For every dollar you spend at one of our schools $0.80 goes back to the community whereas for every dollar that is spent at a national chain child care center located in Arizona only $0.30 goes back to the community.
Below is a summary of the benefits of attending a Small Miracles school:
1. Small Miracles schools offer six programs for children 6 weeks to 12 years.
- Infant Program – 6 weeks to 12 months
- Toddler Program – 12 to 24 months
- Pre-School Program (1/2 day and full day) – 2 years-5 years
- Pre-Kindergarten classes
- Before & After-School Program – 5 years-12 years
- Summer Camp – 5 years-12 years
2. Small Miracles schools have strong commitment to community service through our Charitable Giving Program. We want children as early as possible to appreciate the importance of reaching out beyond themselves and into the community. Several times a year, the school will sponsor charity benefits, where children and parents participate in the fundraising process.
3. Small Miracles schools Parents’ Night Out provides parents with Friday evening care at select locations. This enables parents to spend some quality time together.
4. Our “Referral Program” gives you the opportunity to reduce your weekly tuition. There is no limit to the number of families you can enroll at any location.
5. Small Miracles schools encourages parents to become involved in our Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) meetings. Parents play a key role in the operation of each center and ensure that Small Miracles school are meeting the needs of our families.
6. Small Miracles schools partners with local business and corporations in Arizona to provide quality care at affordable prices to their employees.
7. Small Miracles schools believe communication is vital. We provide center newsletters, parenting articles, seminars and family events throughout the year.
8. Small Miracles schools program uses Developmentally Appropriate Practice guidelines to ensure that the children are working and playing in a loving and nurturing environment, with lots of opportunities to question and explore.
9. Small Miracles schools allows you to share in your child’s education with our state-of-the-art internet viewing system. Parents can log on from home, work – anywhere in the world and see their child experience learning moments in real time.
10. Small Miracles schools offer an all inclusive program at the best value! The program includes updated curriculum supplies and materials, three meals and two snacks, the best teachers, best programs, quality meals, music and movement classes, Spanish classes, Sign language classes, Mini-Monet art classes as part of the base tuition. Most facilities do not do this or they charge extra.